LIVE VIDEO: THV 11 This Morning    Watch

    CADC to help residents pay bills with LIHEAP program

    11:21 AM, Feb 20, 2012   |    comments
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +

    LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Central Arkansas Development Council (CADC) will provide crisis intervention assistance to families with disconnect notices in the Crisis Low-Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) program. Applications for regular assistance are still being accepted until March 30 or until funds are depleted.

    To qualify for Crisis LIHEAP, persons must have a disconnect notice with a disconnect date within 7 days of application date. All households receiving food stamps are potentially eligible to receive this assistance; however, the program is not limited to food stamp recipients. The program assists households with home energy and heating bills. Eligible households must meet income guidelines and furnish proof of all household income for the month prior to applying.

    CADC encourages households to attend mass application assistance days at the following locations:
    Pulaski County: Tues Feb. 21 and Wed. Feb. 22, 9 am until 2 pm at the Arkansas State Fairgrounds, Arts and Crafts Building, 2600 Howard Street in Little Rock. For more information, call 501-603-0909.

    Other mass application assistance days will be held throughout the counties of Saline, Hot Spring, Clark, Union, Columbia and Union Counties that week. For more information, call 501-778-1133 or go to the website www.cadc.com.

    Applicants for LIHEAP assistance must meet income guidelines. For a household of 1, monthly countable income is $1,462. Countable income includes check stubs, child support, unemployment, housing utility assistance, SSI, SSA, TEA, VAS and retirement benefits.

    To apply for assistance, the household should bring proof of income for all household members 18 years or older for the previous month, proof of child support, proof of unemployment for all household members age 18 and older, proof of social security, retirement, pensions, workman's comp or disability, proof of utility allowance and if no income, proof of how bills are being paid. Social security numbers and birthdates for all household members are required.

    Failure to provide verification requested may result in delay or denial of assistance. Allow agency 35 days to make payment. For more information, call your local CADC office.

    Most Watched Videos